NOTE: These instructions work on any Apple iPhone or iPad with iOS version 4.3 or newer. This should not be a problem as it is rare to have an older version of the iOS. You can update your iPhone or iPad using Apple's iTunes software. If you already have your iPhone or iPad running Microsoft Exchange Server with IMAP, please disable the account in Mail Settings before proceeding.
If you have not upgraded the software, or prefer not to use ActiveSync, you can still use IMAP. Please contact your email administrator if you wish to use IMAP.
If you are on a plan that requires you to enable ActiveSync before you can setup your phone please follow the steps below to activate ActiveSync for your account. If it is already setup please skip to step 5 to setup your mobile device. If you have any questions as to whether you need to enable ActiveSync first please contact our technical support team.
1. To add ActiveSync to the user you will need to first login to our control panel and select the Users Page.
2. Next you will need to click on the name of the user you intend to add ActiveSync to.
3. On this screen, expand the "Mobility" tab and put a check in the box next to "Enable ActiveSync service".
4. Click "Save Changes".
5. Upgrade your phone to the latest version of iOS.
6. Before setting up your iPhone or iPad, please make sure you have a reliable WiFi or 3G/4G connection.
7. Go to Settings.
8. Tap on "Mail, Contacts, Calendars".
9. Tap on "Add Account".
10. Select "Microsoft Exchange".
11. You will now see a prompt for your Email Address, Password and Account Description. Enter the correct information in those three fields.
12. Tap "Next"
13. If the screen asks you to choose the data you would like to sync, please skip to Step 16. If not, please continue.
14. A new screen will appear requesting more information about your account.
15. Enter the Following:
Email Address: <your_name>@<your_domain.com
User Name: <Provided to you by your email administrator>
Password: <You should know this>
16. Setup will complete and will now ask you to choose the data you would like to sync. You may choose Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders or Notes, or all five.
NOTE: You cannot sync Contacts and Calendars from both Exchange and iTunes. You must choose one or the other. The iPhone/iPad will delete your old entries when you enable this.
17. Choose "Save". Your setup has now completed. Please allow some time for the data to synchronize.